03 April 2011

to remember better, to part with less pain



*******
dropped
and falling
from such 
heights
for so 
long
that
maybe
I will have
enough time
to learn 
flying

*******
why is the word yes so brief?
It should be
the longest, 
the hardest, 
so that you could not decide in an instant to say it, 
so that upon reflection you could stop
in the middle of saying it. 

*******
Let us touch each other
while we still have hands, 
palms, forearms, elbows...
Let us love each other for misery, 
let us torture each other, 
mangle, maim, 
to remember better,
to part with less pain. 

*******
Enough painkilling, heal.

Enough cajoling, command, 
even if your fiery joys 
mean endless inequality
and melt our vessels
that are dispensable.
Enough rehashing, create.
Enough lying to the sick:
they will not get well.

*******
On my back, alone, 

I feel your seed dying in me, 
feel its fear, feel its wish to live on...
I wonder if I can carry 
so many deaths inside me, as I nurture
my own?

*******


The wholy feminine poetry of Vera Pavlova.   Her words are the words of Kali, of Quan Yin, of our universal mother Mary.  Here is an interview of Vera by her gorgeous daughter, the psychologist Lisa Pavlova:



No comments:

Post a Comment