01 November 2010


“All our progress is an unfolding. Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason” - Ralph Waldo Emerson



Last night in the middle of typing a text message that I was unsure whether or not I wanted to send, I was interrupted by someone else coming into the room. I looked away from my phone and spoke to my visitor for a minute. When I looked back at my phone, the word TRUST had somehow been inserted into the middle of the unfinished text. I sent it.

Earlier in the evening I had participated in a Samhain ritual where I banished the deceptive energies of multiple specific people and the deceptive union that had summoned and embodied those energies in my life. I threw my ring in the fire and watched it resist the heat, draw back from the change it was asked to make. Soon it took on the flames and glowed hot pink and magenta with heat. After a moment of rage it surrendered, sagging with exhaustion from the birthing of a new manifestation. And then it was gone, dissipated. No ash, no ember, just gone- exactly as I had asked it to be. Be gone. I called out to the others around me, "it's gone", not sure what to do. No one answered. The one who might have answered was gone with it.

I called in the spirit of trust to fill the vacant space created in me by these deceptions and to guide me on my bold, new, deception- free journey. I called out trust's name and she came to me in a very symbolic place: a text message.

Love and Magic both take practice. My finger wears no ring, waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment