30 August 2010

betes noires


"I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones."
- John Cage

"When the lambs is lost in the mountains, they cry. Sometime come the mother. Sometime come the wolf."
- Cormac McCarthy




I've been reflecting on the collective shadow, all those things we cannot rationalize as individuals. The "why mes" and the "how could God do such a things" of our conscious reality. I know that in dreams I am finally free to see without the cloak of my ego pulling me towards safety. In my dreams I get to see others upon whom I perpetually project my shadow as lovers and those whom I perpetually project goodness upon as demons. Where is the dream world of the collective unconscious? And how do we tap into it?

No comments:

Post a Comment